It’s Sunday evening and you really really want cake. There is nothing in the house and you really cannot be bothered with the faff of making a cake. Fear not, this is a super speedy chocolate traybake recipe that if you can’t wait for it to cool down is made and ready to eat in just 45 minutes!!
This is very moist cake and while I made it gluten free, you can of course use ordinary self raising flour instead. It also works well using a dairy free margarine to make it dairy free too.
Speedy Chocolate Traybake recipe
- 250g butter
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour (I use Doves)
- 50g Cocoa powder (GF)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp gf baking powder
- 150g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas mark 4
- Grease and line a traybake tin of 20 x30 cm
- Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan and leae to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the pan and mix well.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and tip to level off.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until firm.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes then tip out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate either slowly in the microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cake and allow to set.