It’s Sunday evening and you really really want cake. There is nothing in the house and you really cannot be bothered with the faff of making a cake. Fear not, this is a super speedy cake that if you can’t wait for it to cool down is made and ready to eat in just 45 minutes!!
This is very moist cake and while I made it gluten free, you can of course use ordinary self raising flour instead.
- 250g butter
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour (I use Doves)
- 50g Cocoa powder (GF)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp gf baking powder
- 150g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas mark 4
- Grease and line a traybake tin of 20 x30 cm
- Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan and leae to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the pan and mix well.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and tip to level off.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until firm.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes then tip out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate either slowly in the microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cake and allow to set.