If you fancy something a little more substantial this summer than a leafy green salad you can’t go wrong with a filling, healthy bean salad. It is the perfect accompaniment to these tasty BBQ pork and pepper kebabs which can be cooked on the barbecue or under the grill if the British weather isn’t playing nice. Costcutter asked me to use ingredients from their vast independent range to make a family friendly recipe.
Using pork steaks already marinaded in a BBQ sauce means you literally only have to cut the pork into chunks and thread on the skewers along with the pepper. There is no need to do anything else and they taste so good. And, even better you can pick up all the ingredients up locally and they are very very reasonably priced.
Pork and Pepper Kebabs…
- 1 400g pack of X BBQ pork steaks
- 1-2 peppers, chopped into chunks. If they are large you can probably get away with one
- Preheat the grill or fire up the barbecue
- Thread the pork and peppers alternatively onto skewers
- Place the skewers onto a hot BBQ or under a grill and turn regularly until the pork is cooked through. They won't take very long at all.
- Serve with the delicious tangy mixed bean salad for a filling meal.
Tangy Mixed Bean Salad…
- 400g tin Kidney beans
- 400g Tin Aduki beans
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- X Tin Sweetcorn drained
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, chopped finely
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 50g coriander, roughly chopped (remove the big stalks)
- 50g pea shoots
- salt & pepper
- Drain and rinse all the beans well and put into a very large serving bowl
- Add all the other ingredients and mix really well to ensure everything is well coated with the liquid ingredients
If you like these recipes you may want to pin for later:
Disclosure: I have developed these recipes in partnership with Costcutter. All words and opinions are my own.