This post contains affiliate links.
Anyone that knows me really well would describe me as “not very domesticated”. I may be able to whip up a good cake but I’m not very good at more practical, more important tasks such as ironing ( or even managing to work out how to get an ironing board up) or knowing the best household cleaning remedies.
However I was offered a Karcher steam cleaner to review, and whilst I imagined it was something that cleaned carpets which could be quite useful I thought I’d give it a go.
Not on my radar before, it turns out that a steam cleaner is a actually a piece of machinery that cleans hard floor surfaces, glass, removes dust from plants, wrinkles and creases from clothes, and cleans hard to reach areas that need a high temperature clean such as around drains and toilets.
After getting someone else to assemble the cleaner, well it did come with a big book of instructions, it was all go. I am informed that it is very easy to work out how to use it, in fact it was up and ready in less than five minutes. It comes with different attachments for various types of cleaning. A big one for large surfaces such as the floor, a smaller hand tool and a detail nozzle. Also included are two terry cloths which are needed for floor cleaning and areas such as showers.
A Karcher Steam Cleaner Kills 99.99% of household bacteria*
Apparently cleaning with a Karcher Steam cleaner kills 99.99% of all common household bacteria* on common household hard floor surfaces, something that appeals to me as I do worry about using too many cleaning products.
Tops Tips for a Karcher Steam Cleaner
Anyway, my five best uses, so far, for a Karcher Steam cleaner are as follows;
1. Floor cleaning. I haven’t got a photo to show you but my floors feel and look amazingly clean. This is so much more hygienic than using a smelly mop and bucket, I am impressed. The grime it picks up is incredible as you can see in the pictures above.
2. Glass shower enclosures. A big bug bear of mine is trying to get the limescale marks off the shower and I have tried everything to no avail. Look at these amazing pictures…are you impressed? I am gobsmacked and can’t stop running upstairs, sad I know but look!! Now, this miracle transformation wasn’t all done in one go. I used the steamer, it helped a lot but the marks were still bad, so I sprayed the glass with vinegar, left it for a while and used the steamer again. Again, even better but not perfect so I as a last resort I tried ‘Cif’ (used many times before without any results) and lo and behold with a finish off with an ecloth this was the result. I will definitely never let it get so bad again using the steamer regularly to prevent a build up.
3. The rest of the bathroom, the tiles, sink, shower drain. It is so good to be able to steam the tiles that you would not usually be able to reach and know that they are clean. I love it!
4. Steaming wrinkles and creases out of clothes. There is a special clothes attachment that can be purchased but I made do with what I had and this is the result.
5. Don a shell suit, cleanse your face and slather with your favourite moisturiser or essential oils and relish the thought that while you are slaving away steaming in small enclosures you are working up a sweat to melt pounds and giving your face a facial at the same time. That’s multitasking for you!
- Deep cleaning, killing bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals thus environmentally friendly
- Lots of different uses especially with the purchase of extra tools including oven cleaning, wallpaper removal and window cleaning. Ideas can be found here
- You can dispense with your bacteria laden mop and bucket
- The price, at £219.99 for this model, (there is a cheaper one at £129.99) it is not going to be for everyone
- Only two cloths come with the machine, at this price I would have liked more
- It’s another piece of household equipment that is going to take up space so again not going to be suitable for everyone
In conclusion I think it’s safe to say I love this Karcher steam cleaner and can see it becoming a little obsession. Anything that doesn’t move gets a steam. It is pricey but if you can afford it you won’t be disappointed.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links means that sometimes when you click through to a website and register or purchase something I get a commission from that sale at no extra cost to you. However, all opinions and words are my own.
Four out of five cupcakes award from me.