The theme this week for the Friday Club Carnival over at Notes from Home is Cakes and Biscuits.
Who doesn’t love marshmallow? This is probably one of my favourite recipes ever…mmmm cherry, coconut & marshmallow traybake. I was inspired by a recipe in the BBC Good Food Magazine which I have adapted a little.
Cherry, Coconut & Marshmallow traybake recipe
- 250 g soft butter (I use stork)
- 250g Self-raising flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 75g chopped glace cherries
- 75g dessicated coconut
- For the topping:
- 250g white marshmallows
- 30 ml milk
- 50g dessicated coconut
- Heat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4
- Line a tin, I used a traybake one 20X30cm, with baking parchment
- Beat the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, baking powder and yogurt until smooth
- Stir in the cherries and dessicated coconut
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes
- Leave the cake to cool, then remove from the tin
- In the meantime, melt the marshmallows with the milk in a saucepan over a very low heat. Stir until they are all melted.
- Allow the marshmallow mixture to cool stirring every so often until it has thickened.
- Spread the marshmallow over the cake and then sprinkle dessicated coconut over to finish
- Cut the cake into squares.
- Makes approximately twelve very large squares
Ella at Notes from Home makes Brownies
Jax at Making It Up gives us her recipe for gingerbread.
Cass at The Diary of a Frugal Family posts her Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Maggy at Red Ted Art has a guest post from Maison Cupcake’s Sarah showing us how to make Love Heart Cookies.
Rebecca at twobecomefour gives us her recipe for Beck’s Banana Bread.