Can I tempt you with a fabulously tasty Karahi okra and potato curry recipe?
I’ve said it time and again, I love going to cooking classes so was thrilled to attend a #TefalClass at one of my favourite cookery schools L’atelier des Chefs in London to make an Indian themed menu.
On the menu was
- Tandoori marinated chicken skewers
- Karahi Okra and potato curry
- Coriander chutney
Obviously the good thing when cooking in a big group everything seems so much quicker and easier because the jobs are divided but still, these recipes are easy to do, and very very tasty.
As L’atelier des Chefs are so impressed with Tefal’s removable handle concept they have equipped their cookery schools with Tefal Ingenio. Having been introduced to the Tefal Ingenio range a few months ago I was already a convert, the ability to cook on the stove and then put straight into the oven plus the ease of storing the pans in a cupboard as the handle is removable is fantastic. And they fit in the sink better and I am so impressed with them I have already added to my collection. You can read more about the cookware here. I’ve also surprised myself since my last post, I thought I wouldn’t have much use for the plastic lids…but I do, they’re so great for storing leftovers in the fridge.
The Karahi okra and potato curry tastes a-ma-zing…although we had this as a side with tandoori chicken skewers I would happily have this as a main meal. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
If you fancy trying a class at l’atelier des Chefs, and they have lots of choice; macaroons, pastry, Moroccan, sushi, street food and so many more, I have a discount code which gives you 10% off the 60min, 90min and 2hr classes. Use the code- TEFAL10
Karahi Okra and Potato Curry recipe…
- Okra(s) : 300 g
- Desiree potato(es) : 600 g
- Red onion(s) : 1 whole
- Red pepper(s) : 1 whole
- Fresh ginger : 50 g
- Tomato(es) : 6 whole
- Garlic clove(s) : 4 whole
- Green chilli(s) : 1 whole
- Fenugreek seed(s) : 1 Tsp
- Curry powder : 2 Tsp
- Ground turmeric : 1 Tsp
- Cumin seed(s) : 1 Tsp
- Unsalted butter : 50 g
- Fresh coriander : 1 bunch
- Maldon salt : 4 pinch(es)
- Trim, cut and sauté the okra, cool.
- Finely dice the red onion,
- Peel and finely dice the ginger and garlic,de-seed and finely dice the chilli.
- De-seed the pepper, cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Peel the potato, dice into 2-3cm cubes
- Dice the tomato.
- Pick the coriander leaves and lightly chop.
- Sweat the onions in the butter, sprinkle with salt,when the onions have released some moisture, add the ginger,fenugreek seeds, chilli and garlic. Cook over low heat until the onions are translucent.
- add the pepper, cook until softened slightly, add the potato
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they have broken down into a thick stew and the potatoes are firm but tender
- Season to taste.
- return the okra and to the pan, cook until the okra is soft.
- sprinkle with the chopped coriander before serving.
Have you tried the Tefal Ingenio range of cookware? Are you just as sucked in as I am? And…what cookery course would you like to go on? Don’t forget to use the 10% off code- TEFAL10. Let me know what you choose.
Pin for later:
Disclosure: This is a post in partnership with Tefal and L’atelier des Chefs but all words and opinions are my own.