Sunday Lowdown 13/2/11

It’s been a funny old week. Not quite the week I expected but then life never is, is it? I don’t have anything to report on the good vibes that I asked for last week,thank you to all that sent them. It looks as though that is going into this week as par the course it seems.

There really isn’t much to write about this week, I’ve not taken to my my new glasses quite as well as I thought I would…why does the floor seem to slope when I walk around with them on? That’s not very encouraging when I should be be wearing them to drive is it? Little M made the most gorgeous valentine’s gift at nursery…and then told me it wasn’t for me. I was slightly saddened at that but hey he draws me pages and pages of pictures and I get millions of kisses and “I love you mummy”…that’s toddlers for you! I’ll get over it, one day. ;)

Wasn’t sure if I was going to have some alone time this weekend, I never count my chickens but I was surprised to get it so had a little retail therapy also known as window shopping and then a lovely meal out with a friend on Saturday night. We had forgotten that restaurants would be packed full of couples being that it is valentine’s day tomorrow. It wasn’t too bad, although I have to say I didn’t see that many couples that looked particularly happy! That’s a bit sad isn’t it. Does anyone else think that the hype around valentine’s day has gone a bit crazy? Or is it me? The singleton green eyed monster? All joking aside, I don’t remember seeing quite so many heart shaped balloons floating around the shopping centres before or so many sickly pink dyed huge heart shaped slabs of chocolate. It is another ploy to get people to spend wads of cash or chance the wrath of their partner if they don’t come up with the goods! Bah humbug! Who me??

Anyway, I had my own little valentine’s gift pop through my letterbox the other day courtesy of Appliance Online. Well, I’ll pretend it is a valentine’s pressie. It is a giant box of chocolates and I am not sharing, so there! Those of you who don’t know what this is about may be interested to know that Appliance Online , suppliers of white goods, is otherwise known in the blogosphere as The  Fairy Godmother. If you write a comment on this post you may have a pleasant surprise if the Appliance Online Fairy Godmother sees it. Mediocre Mum was delighted with a slow cooker after commenting on Rosie Scribble‘s  post who got sent a television after commenting on Single Parent Dad’s post after he got sent a washing machine! Kelly received a much wanted Maileg Mouse, others at their request have received money to give to their favourite charity. After the Fairy godmother of appliances saw my comment on Mediocre Mum’s post I was sent a box of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat! Isn’t that lovely! So what are you waiting for? You never know what writing a comment will generate.

Have a good week everyone!

19 Comments

1. Ooh chocolates look yummy – I actually got some this year, well a chocolate cupid on a stick from the corner shop but I suppose chocolate’s chocolate!
    I don’t suppose fairy godmothers deliver to Cyprus so I’d better be pleased with my Cupid!

2. I wear glasses too and I find it is such a weird feeling when you get some new ones. You really wanted them and then when you start wearing them you find them so different that you just wish to go back to your old ones…but by then it is too late! That teeny change in lens strength has made that switch impossible…you then have no choice but to perservere until your eyes have adjusted. Can I ask…is it just me or do you find it hard to hear when not wearing your glasses? I might just be odd! :-) I thhink it is because I try so hard to focus without my glasses on that I forget to listen. You have a lovely blog, by the way.
    ——-If the fairy godmother is reading this I’m sure she knows just how important a washer dryer is. They are one of those appliances that when it stops working life gets that little bit harder if you have to live without it. Unfortunately my mum’s washing machine has packed up and now she is having to hunt to find a another silver one to replace it. I am being a bit of a fairy godmother myself by doing all their washing and drying for them but if by magic she received a surprise gift of a washer /dryer then all would be well again. She could sit down with a lovely cup of tea and watch it do the magical job of washing AND drying all the clothes. AAAh, one of life’s luxuries… something that makes the household chores easier!

3. Oooooh wow! I had to buy my own chocolates this year :(

4. Enjoy your choccies – I’m always disappointed when I get some for me as there are always half that contain nuts so I have to share!

Not in need of any big appliances at the moment unless anyone knows of a good (cheaper than dyson) hoover that doesn’t spit everything out at you !

5. Lovely chocolates. They look far too nice to eat. Perhaps I should take them off your hands!! This has become like chain mail for the internet – brilliant!

6. Oooh nice choccy surprise! Don’t suppose the fairy Godmother wasn’t to send me a new 6 seater table and chairs that toddler just destroyed with brio and brute force do they?? :( Not sure it will fit in my letter box though! lol! Nope, didn’t think so! ;)

Enjoy your choccies xx

Hope you had a lovely Valentines evening – My hubby was working late, so just a cheeky glass of wine for us xx

7. Well I for one would have been buying valentines gifts. I dont subscribe to showy and thoughtless views :-)

But as we are still setting up our new business working with expectant parents we decided to fore go any celebrations this year but promised ourselves we would make up for it next year :-)

Enjoy chocolates and dont let green eyed monster eat you

8. This post has reminded me I need to get my glasses. They are still sitting ( paid for!) at the opticians but I’ve left them for far too long ( months now!) and am too embarrassed to pick them up. I hope you could see well enough to enjoy your chocolates!

9. What a lovely treat to recieve, I hope you enjoyed your valentines evening munching away!!

10. Hope you have a good week, I dislike Valentines quite a lot so for me this week can only get better! LOL!

11. It takes a while for my eyes to adjust when I get new glasses. It does look like you are walking on a slope. It will get better but if not after a week I would speak to the opticians. Your chocolates look lovely. You certainly deserve a wee treat. Enjoy xx

12. I wear glasses, but only for reading. So not sure if the floor should slope or not? Doesn’t sound good though. Do.not.share. Too right…I wouldn’t either

13. I don’t wear glasses but isn’t that normal when you start wearing them your eyes have to adjust? Sounds like it would make me sick!

Well my dyson needs servicing so I’d quite like that!

And share the chocolates come on :D

14. How fun to receive an unexpected present! Enjoy your chocolate – and you are quite right not to share – they were meant for you1

15. What an interesting concept, can’t say I’ve come across it before but a box of chocolates wins me over every time. Hope you enjoy yours! I’m looking forwards to treating myself to one half price on the 15th ;) xx

16. Well deserved, enjoy those chocolates and keep them out of the kids sight! Mich x

17. New glasses always feel like that to me, but it’ll settle down as you get used to them (hopefully!). I’m not sure who is buying all the Valentine’s junk, as every blog I read seems to think it’s a showy and thoughtless waste of money! :)

Those chocolates look fab! I love hotel chocolat, although for some reason I went off dark chocolate when I was pregnant and never got back into it, which hasn’t sunk in with my husband – so I always end up with dark ones when really I’d prefer milk!

18. I have exactly the same feeling when I wear my glasses to drive, in fact they make me feel quite sick and get quite dizzy so just have to hope I’m going the right way!
    Enjoy your choccies x

• Oh dear, that’s not good is it. The chocolates are lovely thank you. :)

Submit a Comment