A great giveaway for lovers of traditional top quality Italian products…a Prosciutto di San Daniele & Grana Padano sample box!
Before we get to the Prosciutto di San Daniele & Grana Padano giveaway details, here is a little bit of information and history behind these gorgeous products…
Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano are both traditional Italian products awarded with the PDO logo in 1996, meaning they have been recognised by the European Union as Protected Designation of Origin (PDO).
To be considered PDO they have to adhere to strict production specifications, which include:
- Production methods following the traditional recipe
- Clear labels indicating where and when the products were made
- Quality and authenticity certification by independent and neutral & accredited certifying bodies
- High quality physical & organoleptic characteristics
Grana Padano PDO Cheese…
Is distinguishable due to a series of special marks:
- The casein plate, on the flat side of the wheel, has the writing “GRANA PADANO”, the identification codes of the wheels and the writing “garantito dal MIPAAF”. It is the wheel̕s identity card.
- The four-leaf clover, stamped on the cheese when the wheel is made and certifies its origin and production
- The dashed diamond shapes bear the alternate words “GRANA” and “PADANO” allowing the product to be identified even when sold in portions.
- The fire-branded GRANA PADANO mark, that qualifies and certifies that the wheels are perfect, is placed on them when they are 9 months old
Prosciutto di San Daniele
- Prosciutto di San Daniele is natural, Italian and unique as it is only made with selected thighs from Italian pigs, sea salt and the special microclimate of San Daniele del Friuli. No types of additive or preservatives are used.
I made a delicious recipe of Prosciutto di San Daniele, Grana Padano and rocket flatbread pizzas using these two special products, which I also have to giveaway.
Prosciutto di San Daniele & Grana Padano Giveaway…
To enter answer the question and put in the comments and then fill out the Rafflecopter form to ensure your entry is complete
What country is the origin of the Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano in the giveaway?
- United Kingdom
This giveaway is open to UK entrants over the age of 18 and runs until midnight 31st March 2017.
There one prize of a Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano sample box.
There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Cherished By Me, and the promoters of Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano, reserve the right to cancel or amend the giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice.
The winner will be picked at random within 2 days of the giveaway ending and contacted by email.
All entries will be verified.
If the winner does not respond to the email within 1 day then another winner will be picked.
The prize will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after they have e-mailed their delivery address, by the promoters of Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano.
Pin for later:
Disclosure: I was sent a sample box of Prosciutto di San Daniele & Grana Padano but all words and opinions are my own