This chocolate strawberry heart kebabs ‘recipe’ isn’t going to win any prizes for culinary genius but it’s cute, super tasty and a perfect romantic treat to share on Valentine’s Day…
There’s nothing difficult or complicated about this recipe, but sometimes the simple things give the most pleasure. What could be more romantic that sharing a kebab, or two, of thickly coated chocolate strawberries with the love of your life? If like me you have a houseful of children be prepared for the fact that the kebabs may not last that long once they get their sticky little hands on them!
Just two ingredients and a stick that’s all it takes…
Hell, why do these have to be ‘just’ for Valentine’s day…I declare every day an excuse to make chocolate strawberry heart kebabs!
Of course you don’t have to cut the strawberries to look like love hearts, they are usually fairly heart shaped naturally and once you coat them in chocolate you probably won’t see the effort made anyway, but I couldn’t resist as I think they look sooo pretty.
Make the chocolate strawberry heart kebabs a couple of hours before you want to eat them to let the chocolate harden, but they won’t be as nice the next day if left uneaten…the strawberries will start going mushy. For that reason I recommend getting just ripe, not over ripe strawberries, otherwise they’ll be harder to handle and could cave under the pressure of all that thick gorgeous dark chocolate.
Not only do these taste absolutely a-ma-zing if you get vegan and gluten free dark chocolate (you’ll find most high quality chocolate is naturally gluten free & vegan) you will have a treat that nearly everyone can enjoy.
Chocolate Strawberry Heart Kebabs recipe…
- 9-12 Strawberries
- 200g Dark chocolate
- Wash the strawberries and dry really well
- Cut away the husk in a V shape to accentuatea heart shaped strawberry
- Heat a small amount of water in a large pan and leave to simmer
- Put the chocolate into a heat-proof bowl and place on the pan of simmering water until melted
- Remove from the heat and leave for a minute to cool slightly
- Thread 3 or 4 strawberries onto a wooden skewer
- Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment
- Dip the strawberry kebab into the melted chocolate using a spoon to help coat them all
- Put the kebabs on to the baking parchment and when they're all done place in the fridge for the chocolate to set
- Enjoy and try not to eat all at once.
Pin for later:
CherishedByMe uses affiliate links. Affiliate links means that sometimes when you click through to a website and register or purchase something I get a commission from that sale at no extra cost to you. However, all opinions and words are my own.
I’m adding this recipe to: