A delicious recipe for sweet potato & macadamia soup and a giveaway for The Perfect Blend recipe book by Tess Masters…
If you haven’t already noticed I love blending food; to make a delicious soup, a tasty marinade, or a frozen dessert, the options are endless. A blender is not just for smoothies…
So when I was sent Tess Masters’ The Perfect Blend recipe book, which is available to buy now, I was more than keen to get blending. With over 100 nutrient-dense vegan and gluten free recipes, the book is divided into 12 chapters with specific health goals such as energy, immunity and anti-inflammatory. There are recipes for ice-cream, salads, desserts, soups, starters, main meals and more but all with one thing in common, there is an element of blending somewhere in the recipe.
Where to start? There is so much packed in this book I couldn’t decide where to start first, and what I particularly like is that whilst you’ll feel really virtuous making and eating/drinking these recipes there are no odd, strange or expensive ingredients involved. This book is for everyone! I particularly like the refined sugar free classic cheesecake, sesame soba, lick your plate lasagne and the caramel cravings smoothie…don’t they sound amazing.
I am thrilled to have three copies of Tess Masters’ The Perfect Blend gluten free & vegan recipe book to give away but first I am sharing one of the recipes in the book a sweet potato & macadamia soup…
Sweet potato & macadamia soup recipe
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg (2 lb 2 oz) orange-flesh sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp natural salt (see page 139), plus extra to taste
- 1.9 litres (3 pints) vegetable stock
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, plus extra to taste
- 70 g (21⁄2 oz) raw unsalted macadamias
- Fresh lime juice, to serve
- Finely chopped coriander, to serve
- Optional boosters:
- 80 g (3 oz) baby spinach (or other leafy greens)
- Macadamia oil, to serve
- Finely chopped raw unsalted macadamias, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone liner or baking paper.
- Toss the onions and sweet potatoes with the oil and salt and spread them out on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 1 hour until the vegetables are tender but not burnt. You don’t want any black bits.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large saucepan and add the vegetable stock, ginger, turmeric and cayenne. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat to medium-high and simmer, partially covered, for about 15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the macadamias. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes to soften the nuts and cool the soup slightly. Working in batches, pour the soup into your blender and purée on high for 1–2 minutes until smooth and creamy. (For conventional blenders, remove the small centre lid cap and cover the opening with a tea towel so steam can escape while you blend.) Return the soup to the saucepan, and warm it over a low heat, and tweak the salt and cayenne to taste.
- Stir in the spinach booster until the leaves are just wilted.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and splash each serving with lime juice. Garnish with a drizzle of the macadamia oil booster, and sprinkle with the coriander and the chopped macadamia booster.
Let me know what you think of this delicious sweet potato & macadamia soup recipe, I’m sure you will absolutely love it!
The Perfect Blend book by Tess masters giveaway
To win one of three copies of Tess Masters’ The Perfect Blend answer the following question, put your answer in the comments below, and fill out the Rafflecopter widget.
What colour are avocados?
The giveaway closes at midnight on 26/2/17 and is open to everyone over the age of eighteen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions:
This giveaway is open to entrants from all over the world over the age of 18 and runs until midnight 26th February 2017. There are three Tess Masters’ The Perfect Blend books to be won by three different entrants.
There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Cherished By Me, and the publishers Quarto Publishing Group UK as the promoters, reserve the right to cancel or amend the giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice.
The winner will be picked at random within 2 days of the giveaway ending and contacted by email.
All entries will be verified.
If the winner does not respond to the email within 1 day then another winner will be picked.
The prize will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after they have e-mailed their delivery address, by the Quarto Publishing Group UK, directly.
Pin for later: