The Christmas cake recipes collection, there are over 20 completely different recipe ideas here to inspire. Happy Baking!
Many will have made their Christmas cake already…they’re the organised ones, however fear not there is plenty of time left and if you fancy doing something a little different this year you can’t go wrong with checking out one of the following Christmas cake recipes.
Fabulous Christmas Cake Recipes…
- Plutonium Sox has a simple Christmas survival cake recipe which tastes good and contains enough brandy in it to make sure you’re half-soaked until New Year’s day. Sounds like a good way to survive Christmas!
- Looking for a Christmas cake recipe with a twist? You’ll love Tin and Thyme’s stunning figgy and almond cake whisky cake.
- I love this really cute idea from HobbyCraft, a sweet reindeer themed cake which the children will be thrilled with… I think they could even get involved making it too!
- English Mum has an easy step by step guide to making a delicious traditional organic Christmas cake.
- A fabulous idea for people who like their Christmas cake to wow, A Strong Coffee makes this brilliant snow globe cake, she even suggests you can buy a ready made cake or make a sponge if you’re not keen on a traditional fruit cake.
- As well as a traditional fruit cake we ALWAYS have to have a chocolate yule log too…London Unattached has made it easy and tasty though with her festive yule log recipe’s ‘secret’ ingredient!
- A fabulous centre piece and healthy…these stunning fruit and vegetable Christmas trees are fantastic, oh and there are also ones made from sweets, salami and cheese…now wouldn’t that make a great end to the Christmas dinner.
- Me and My Shadow uses these as a Christmas pudding alternative but I think they also make fantastic mini Christmas cakes – easy Christmas pud Tunnock teacake pimp!
- My favourite nuts are pistachios so I love the sound of this fig, apricot and pistachio cake from Sainsburys magazine. I think I’d substitute the rum for cherry brandy though. Mmmm.
- If you are looking to avoid sugar then Mummy Tries’ free from Christmas cake is the one for you, it is also gluten and dairy free and packed full of spices.
- If you aren’t a fan of fruit cake how about this equally festive rum and eggnog bundt cake from Liv For Cake, topped with a rich cream cheese frosting.
- Have you ever tried slow cooking your Christmas cake? Baking Queen 74’s nut and alcohol free (the fruit is soaked in tea) slow cooker cake stays lovely and moist.
- If you like just a little icing and a minimalist look to your cake, Recipes Made Easy has just the Christmas cake guide to help you achieve this plus a recipe for a rich fruit cake.
- For something really different Kavey Eats presents her quick and easy speculoos and mascarpone pancake cake! Great for all those haters of a traditional fruit cake at Christmas.
- If you think you’ve left it too late to make a cake don’t panic I have an amazing last minute Christmas cake recipe and no one will ever know you didn’t make it weeks/a month before.
- Packed with fruits and nuts My Little Italian Kitchen’s Zelten, Italian Christmas cake from Trentino Alto Adige looks sooo good!
- I think chocolate and dried fruit are a match made in heaven and it’s been on my to do list for the last couple of years to make a chocolate Christmas cake just like the gorgeous sounding one from Nigella Lawson.
- Blue Bear Wood’s Kransekake, a Norwegian Celebration cake, is made with crunchy biscuits with a chewy centre and makes an absolutely stunning centrepiece, you could really go to town with festive, sparkly decorations too.
- Foodie Quine has a great cake tower made of cheese, what a tasty idea and there is also a royal icing cake decorating tutorial to help give all our Christmas cakes a professional look!
- Disney’s Frozen lovers prepare to be wowed with English Mum’s Frozen Christmas Cake, such a fantastic idea and great for Disney fans young or old(er)!
- Another cake for the fruit cake haters but still full of Christmassy flavours is BBC Good Food’s absolutely delicious gingerbread cake with caramel icing. Mmmm, mmmm.
- Beach Hut Cook has a fab buttermilk fruit cake recipe which is a perfect recipe if you’ve left making your Christmas cake to the last minute.
- If you’re vegan that doesn’t have to mean you can’t have Christmas cake with Mouthwatering Vegan Recipes’ best ever vegan fruit cake!
Let me know if you try one of these Christmas cake recipes or if you have a different favourite.
Pin it for later!