It’s National Chocolate Week and what better way to celebrate than with a double helping of chocolate…chocolate coated Fudge’s florentines dipped into a thick decadent cherry brandy chocolate sauce. If you haven’t ever had Fudge’s florentines then you must and if you have never tried cherry brandy what’s wrong with you? Cherry brandy smells all almondy and Fudge’s florentines are packed with almonds so they make a fabulous match.
We like our chocolate sauce thick and gooey, but if you prefer a thinner, runnier sauce use up to 30g less chocolate.
Try not to eat it all at once, you may feel a little squiffy and certainly don’t share with the children…yes, you get to keep this all to yourself!
The Grenada Chocolate Company 82% cocoa organic dark chocolate works really well as a pairing with Fudge’s florentines with it’s notes of dried fruit, tobacco and citrus.
Cherry brandy chocolate sauce recipe…
- 85g good quality dark chocolate (I used The Grenada Chocolate Company 82% cocoa organis dark chocolate)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 125ml double cream
- 1 generous tbsp cherry brandy
- Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of barely simmering water
- Remove from the heat
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, cream and cherry brandy together
- Remove from the heat and add the melted chocolate to the bowl and stir really well until completely mixed
- Pour into a small bowl and use as a dipping sauce, goes especially well with Fudge's florentines
Disclosure: Post written in partnership with Fudge’s. All words and opinions are my own.
Pin for later: