I love Christmas pudding…but my children don’t, yet I still have the need to buy one that would feed an entire family for a week. So when I was asked to make this Christmas pudding sundae using Carte D’Or vanilla ice cream I was more then happy to oblige. In the process I have discovered a great way to use up all that left over Christmas pudding that I’ll inevitably have and I managed to get one of the children to enjoy it too! What does everyone give their Christmas pudding avoidees on Christmas day for dessert? Mine usually have syrup sponge pudding instead!
In my opinion you could do the same recipe substituting Christmas pudding for chocolate cake if you don’t have Christmas pudding fans. However, it tastes absolutely great, you also get to use up some of that cranberry sauce, anyone else find it kicks around in the fridge half empty for the rest of the year? And if you have some mulled wine leftover too, then perfect.
- 8 scoops of Carte D'Or vanilla ice cream
- 200g Christmas pudding
- 100g cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp mulled wine
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp chocolate shavings
- Crumble the Christmas pudding into a small saucepan and heat very gently to warm through
- Mix the cranberry sauce, mulled wine and sugar into a saucepan, bring to the boil, stir for 2 minutes then remove from the heat
- Divide the warm Christmas pudding between four sundae dishes
- Drizzle a spoonful of the cranberry sauce mixture over the pudding, top with Carte D'Or vanilla ice cream
- Repeat the layers finishing off with the almonds and chocolate shavings.
Thanks to Carte D’Or for the ingredients to make this tasty Christmas pudding sundae.