This Christmas have you thought of doing your shopping through the website Give as you Live? If you do, you can help raise money for charity just by buying all the bits and bobs you were going to anyway.
A percentage of every purchase you make will be donated to charity, my chosen charity is Macmillan Cancer Support.
And how do they actually raise money you may ask? Like other price comparison websites, Give as you Live generates money through affiliate marketing. This means that retailers pay them commission each time a sale is generated for them through their site and Give as you Live pass at least 50% of this on to the charity of the supporter’s choice.
So, I thought I’d give you a helping hand in selecting a few of the items I would love in my stocking this year please Santa with this gift guide for foodies, a.k.a. Nova’s Christmas List.
- I am a sucker for pretty bottles, and pink is my favourite colour plus I do like a good glass of chilled Rosé so Santa if you would so kind as to put a bottle of La Vie en Rose Cinsault rosé, £10.99, in my stocking that would be much appreciated.
- Okay, I do already own an ice cream maker but unfortunately since we’ve moved I’ve had to permanently lend it to a friend as my freezer isn’t big enough for the bowl to fit in (sob) so I would absolutely love love the Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker. My mouth is watering just thinking about homemade ice-cream! You can’t beat it.
- You can’t have a stocking without chocolate, but it can’t be any old chocolate so I would like some Prestat Praline Truffles please, and yes I have been very good this year.
- If you have a good coffee machine at home then you must invest in a great milk frother to make authentic cappuccinos and lattes, my current one is on it’s last legs so if you could manage to slip this Krups automatic milk frother into my stocking too Santa that would be awesome.
- And finally because I love chocolate so so much and you can never have too much, a box of Charbonnel et Walker sea salt caramel truffles would absolutely make my stocking perfect.
Whilst opening all or any of the above on Christmas morning would be gratefully received by myself, I am sure any food or wine lovers would be thrilled too and if you are going to buy any of the products it would be amazing if you did so through Give as you Live site to raise money for your chosen charity. Just by shopping.
Post in collaboration with Give as you Live