A few weeks ago I went to a very lovely Putting on the Ritz event hosted by Radio One DJ Alice Levine, Mixologist Richard Woods and Ritz to celebrate the new ‘Ritz Crisp and Thin’ oven baked potato snack.
By making a few tasty dips, to accompany the Ritz crisp and thin and some tasty cocktails you can set the scene for different evenings either with friends, or a for a date night or even a posh party.
You can grab all the fab recipes for the dips and cocktails and entertaining tips in the guide below, and I will also share my favourite ones.
This was my favourite dip, a smoky lemon yoghurt, served with the Sweet Chilli flavour Ritz Crisp and Thin, a perfect dip for a BBQ.
- 500g Total yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tbsp sumac
- 4 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil plus extra for serving
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- seeds of half a pomegranate
- Stir all the ingredients, apart from the pomegranate seeds together in a bowl.
- Serve with seeds scattered on top and a drizzle of olive oil.
My mouth is literally watering at the thought of this a-m-a-zing Mates Mary cocktail, a modern twist on a Bloody Mary ideal to serve with Cream Cheese and Onion Ritz Crisp and Thin. This is the best cocktail I have ever had. Trust me, that infusing will make all the difference!
- For one cocktail: 50ml vodka (infused with 15-20g basil for 24 hours)
- 50ml Bloody Mary consommé
- Consommé- should be prepped the night before & removed from freezer a few hours before serving:
- 3g Ground black pepper
- 5g Crushed pink peppercorns
- 3g Sea salt
- 2g celery salt
- 10 Dashes tabasco
- 15 Dashes green tabasco
- Juice of one lemon
- 15 Dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 500ml tomato juice
- You will also need:
- A non -reactive container with lid, suitable for mixing
- 1 Large funnel, sieve or colander
- 1 two fold muslin or coffee filter
- 1 bottle to store the mix after thawing
- In to a non-reactive sealable container, pour the
- tomato juice
- Add the other ingredients and stir all - leave to
- rest for 1hr, secure lid and place in freezer
- The following morning, remove from the
- freezer (your mix should now be a solid block)
- Prepare your filter by adding two-fold muslin
- or a coffee filter to a funnel or large sieve, over
- a bottle or deep container
- Remove the frozen tomato mix and place in
- the funnel and allow the frozen tomato mix to
- drip thaw naturally through your home-made
- filter. Note, this takes several hours, so place it
- back in the fridge and return to it to check its progress.
- Bottle and preserve clarified juice.
- Mix will keep for 7 days.
- The cocktail
- Pre-chill martini/Coupette glass.
- Stir the vodka infusion and consummé with cube of ice until well
- Strain into glass and garnish with a floating basil leaf
The Ritz Thin and Crisp also come in Sea salt and vinegar and sea salt and black pepper flavours. These are very crispy snacks with a great bite, my favourite flavour is sweet chilli. See Ritzbakery for more on ‘Putting on the Ritz’ tips!