Prawns and lemon always make me think of summer so I thought they would be the perfect combination to use with Lindemans’ Bin 85 Pinot Grigio white wine. Out of all the different types of pasta there is something special about spaghetti, it feels so decadent, which I know is silly but I tend to save it for those times when I feel like I need a little comforting or indulgence.
When I was asked to devise a recipe that captures the essence of sunshine using one of Lindemans’ wines I had no trouble coming up with this spaghetti with prawns & asparagus in a creamy white wine & lemon sauce. This is so so easy and yet tastes absolutely gorgeous. A creamy sauce made with coconut milk and a slightly tangy zing from lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice makes this one of those recipes that you will come back to again and again.
Spaghetti with prawns & asparagus in a creamy white wine & lemon sauce recipe
- 150g cooked King Prawns
- 100g asparagus
- 120g spaghetti
- 2 spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- knob of butter
- 200ml chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 6 tbsp coconut milk
- 150ml Lindemans Bin 85 Pinot Grigio
- Zest of ½ lemon plus a squeeze of juice
- A good handful of chopped parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to instructions
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for four minutes and drain, keep warm.
- In the meantime melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the spring onions and garlic gently for two minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the white wine to the pan.
- Cook rapidly on high for one minute.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the prawns, lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and the coconut milk to the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes to heat the prawns through.
- Add the parsley and the drained pasta to the pan and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls, top with asparagus and pour the remaining sauce over.
Enjoy this Spaghetti with prawns & asparagus in a creamy white wine & lemon sauce pasta dish with a chilled glass of Lindemans’ Bin 85 Pinot Grigio for a totally feel good meal on these delightful sunny evenings! Love summer.
Post in collaboration with Lindemans wines.