Prefect for spooky parties is this very simple Halloween Meringue Ghosts recipe. In this household Halloween is very nearly up there with Christmas for my youngest son M and he has been on countdown for months. We don’t even go mad, carve a few pumpkins, buy a new outfit and do a little trick or treating. I do love making family traditions though.
We are loving this easy peasy cute Halloween Meringue Ghost recipe from The Happy Egg Company. Perfect treats for Halloween parties and more.
Halloween Meringue Ghosts
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100g Caster Sugar
- A few squares of chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 80ºC/ Gas mark ¼ *
- Whisk the egg whites until holding soft peaks
- Slowly add the caster sugar whilst whisking until stiff peaks are formed
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe ghost shapes onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for 1 and a half hours.
- Carefully remove from the tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the squares of chocolate and use a cocktail stick to draw eyes and mouths on the ghosts.
- *If your oven doesn’t go that low bake the ghosts at 100ºC for an hour instead.