This is probably my second favourite soup at the moment, it is worth taking the time to roast the vegetables. If you have a soup maker like this one, great, if not just put the roasted vegetables into a blender with the stock, blend until smooth and heat.
- 8 large tomatoes halved
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 red onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 750ml of stock, chicken is good but vegetable keeps it vegetarian obviously. 🙂
- Optional : Cream or natural yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Put the tomatoes, red onions, garlic and peppers on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- *Put all the ingredients into a soup maker with the stock and choose the smooth setting...*Or, blend altogether in a blender until smooth then heat in a saucepan.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of double cream or natural yoghurt for a creamy taste