Home made child friendly Pizza
A quick store cupboard meal made with fussy eaters in mind
Recipe type: Main meals, Snacks, lunches
- 300g bread flour
- 200ml warm water
- 1tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1tsp fast acting yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- Mixed dried herbs
- A pinch of sugar
- 100g grated chedder
- Pre-heat the oven to 240ºC/220ºC fan/Gas mark8
- Blitz the tomatoes, sugar and garlic in a food processor then stir in the herbs.
- Put the flour in a bowl and stir in the yeast and salt.
- Mix in the warm water and olive oil and using a wooden spoon stir until you have a wet dough.
- On a floured surface knead for 5 minutes until you have a smooth dough.
- Alternatively do the above steps in a mixer using a dough hook.
- Divide the dough in half and then roll out each to about 25cm across.
- Place each base on a floured baking tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce over each base.
- Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake the pizzas in the oven for 8-10 minutes
If you are feeling organised buy fresh basil leaves to add to the sauce or decorate the pizza with chorizo or pepperoni. Red peppers and sprinkling the pizza with chunks of goats cheese is also delicious. So many options and choices, let the children choose from a selection of their favourite toppings and make the pizzas themselves. The dough can be left to rise but if you prefer a thin crust use straight away. You will be left with some tomato sauce, this can be frozen and ready to use for next time once defrosted. Alternatively use a smaller tin of chopped tomatoes.