I say through gritted teeth today is my birthday and I am forty. Arghhh even seeing that word hurts my eyes! Am I now officially middle aged? It’s not been your average run of the mill year so far but I won’t bore you with that today.
So, on turning forty I vow to:
- Start acting my age
- Dress my age
- Start listening to radio 4 and not radio 1
- Stop lusting after vampires, Chuck Bass and every other good looking film and television star who happen to be half my age. There’s a name for that isn’t there?
- Stop going to bars and clubs
- Start excercising
- Get my hair cut
- Drink less wine
- Eat less chocolate and more fruit
Hell…no! What am I talking about???
- I am not going to act my age!
- I’m most definitely not getting my hair cut.
- Chocolate…. not even worth a comment
- Lust, lust, lust…you never know
- Exercise…hmmm, I may buy myself a pair of Fit Flops!
- Sorry radio 4…I’m not ready for you yet
- Bars and clubs….I just need to make sure I avoid the ones number 1 son goes to now!
- Clothes…I can now share with 13 year old daughter why would I want to change what I wear now?
So, everyone tells me life begins at forty, I’ll get back to you on that one. Give me five years…however life has changed rapidly in the last few months so fingers crossed!